Hi there fellow crafters
Todays card was inspired by a sketch challenge over on the Global Design Project website. Unfortunately, I completely missed the deadline to enter my card but wanted to show it to you anyway. I really must try to get more organised if I want to join these challenges and take part in blog hops.
This does show one thing though, you dont need to enter into challenges or blog hops to be inspired by them to create. When your crafty mojo is at a bit of a low, just flick around online looking at various sketch challenges, colour challenges etc and challenge yourself to create something that fits the brief.
The dimensions of my card are as follows:
- Card Base
- Garden Green Card 5-7/8″ x 8-1/4″ scored at 4-1/8″
- Card Front
- Basic White Card – 5-3/8″ x 3-5/8″ stamped to create a background
- Basic White Card – 4″ x 2-1/2″ die cut with stitched rectangle dies
- Scraps of Basic White Card stamped and die cut with various ferns from the Forever Fern Stamp Set and Dies.
- Scraps of Black for white heat embossed sentiment. (Sentiment from the Sweet as a Peach stampset)
- Inside of Card
- Basic White Card – 5-3/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Basic White Card – 1/2″ x 5-3/8″ stamped to match background on the front of the card.
I really love how this turned out and would not have come up with this idea if it wasn’t for the sketch challenge. You can check out the sketch challenge, the design teams take on it and all the entrants if you click on the clink. Global Design Project
For a list of all the products I used for this card, just click on the link and you will go straight to the list where you can also shop for them from my online Stampin’ Up! shop. Products Used
Hopefully I will make the deadline for the next challenge, watch this space.
Thanks for stopping by.